Houses or offices constructed according to Vastu Shastra are considered to be auspicious. However, all residences and workplaces aren’t built according to Vastu Shastra. This may cause misfortune and bad luck. It is possible to fix the Vastu Dosh of an edifice without changing anything physically. This can be done by performing Vastu Puja. This puja is also important for those who are moving into a new house.
Vastu is known as the science of architecture. It is followed to ensure that house is constructed according to the energy field of earth and the planet position. However, due to the lack of space people are unable to construct a house according to the rules of Vastu Shastra. To rectify the faulty construction and to purify all the negative effects, a Vastu puja is performed before moving into a new house.
Vastu Puja Ritual:
1. Some of the primary necessary items needed for puja are Vastu yantra, Devi’s idol, ghee, Sapta Dhanya (seven types of beans), sesame seeds, urad dal, wheat, rice, twigs, havan samagri etc.
2. Lamp, candles, sandalwood paste, Haldi, Kumkum, incense sticks, camphor, coconut, jaggery, bell, moli, betel nuts and leaves of mango tree are some of the other items are also required.
3. Puja begins with taking Sankalpam followed by seeking the blessings of Mother Earth and Devi Puja
4. Pran Prathistha Puja and chanting of Mantras.
5. Chanting Vastu Shanti Mantra.
6. Havan or fire ritual.
Vastu Puja is usually performed before the Griha Pravesh Puja. The entire place is properly cleaned and purified. The first step of Vastu Puja is known as resolution, where flower petals, rice and grains are offered to mother Earth by the head of the family amidst the mantra recitation. The second step is known as Bhoomi Abhishinchan, Mother Earth is invoked and Gangajal is sprinkled with the help of mango leaves to purify the place. The third stage is known as Pran Prathista. Amidst the chants of mantras, rice, flowers and grains are offered. Once the puja is completed, a pit is dug and all the holy material used in puja and placed in it. The pit is covered. Vastu Puja is usually followed by a Griha Pravesh Puja in every new household.
Vaastu Shanti Mantra
Aum Rithagum Satyam Param Brahmam Purusham Krishna-pingalam
Urdhva Retham Virupaksham Visva-roopayaavai Namo Namah
Benefits and significance of Vastu Puja
Vaastu Shanti Puja has the immense benefit as it helps in removing evil spirits, all the wealth and health problems. The bad effects caused due to the wrong position of planets are also removed. The prosperity and happiness come again in the life. The house is filled with all the comforts and happiness.
1. Reduces the malefic effects of bad Vastu
2. Sanctifies all corners of your house or office.
3. Provides mental peace.
4. Increases the possibility of god fortune.
5. Makes the person more intelligent, calm and clears ill thoughts from your mind.
6. Provides spiritual bliss to you and your family.